Welcome to this Room 11 blog. Our learning philosophy is to LEARN, CREATE an artifact that shows our learning, and then SHARE it in creative ways, including posting it here on this blog.The purpose of this blog is for students to become accustomed to sharing their learning, recieving feedback, and preparing them for having their very own blog.While students will make every effort to have work corrected and error free it is in fact authentic student work, showing where students are at, and so there are likely to be some mistakes. The aim is to note progress and improvement, and we expect to see this over time.

Tuesday 30 July 2013

the quake

       The Quake               


The most scariest day of my life was when there was a magnitude 6.5 or 6.8 quake. This is the story of it.


it was dark. I was inside home. I can't remember what I was doing. But then there was a sudden shake... I thought I was going to die.... but I didn't. But I was still scared. That sudden shake and it was over... for us. I was so scared that my mum told me to hop into her bed. There were a lot of quakes going on. We were looking on twitter on this tweeter called “geonet” . the next morning I swore I felt a quake. No one else did though. I still believed I felt one though. It must have been a bad memory. It felt like the earthquake house at te papa in wellington, new zealand which simulates an earthquake. I thought that there was going to be a tsunami or volcanic eruption or something like that. But there wasn’t. There was still big waves though. And there were logs and wood on the beach. We were taking our dog for a walk. We were going back when I stood on a log. A wave came and I got my sneakers, socks and the tip of my shorts soaked.


After the quake my brother talked to a friend on google+ (its basically skype combined with facebook.) My dad went across the road to check if they were alright. I wanted to phone my friend but there was something wrong with the phones. My dad mum and brother told me they were alright. But they weren’t. When he came to my 10th birthday a few days later he said his house was TRASHED.


I hope this gives you information and a story of an experience.

by Aidan age 10.






1 comment:

  1. hi aiden I personly think that you would need to focus on your capitals and punctuation from james.

    ReplyDelete