Welcome to this Room 11 blog. Our learning philosophy is to LEARN, CREATE an artifact that shows our learning, and then SHARE it in creative ways, including posting it here on this blog.The purpose of this blog is for students to become accustomed to sharing their learning, recieving feedback, and preparing them for having their very own blog.While students will make every effort to have work corrected and error free it is in fact authentic student work, showing where students are at, and so there are likely to be some mistakes. The aim is to note progress and improvement, and we expect to see this over time.

Tuesday 30 July 2013

shakes

THE SHAKES


Have you ever been in a 6.5 Earthquake before?
If you haven't, then you wouldn't want to be! It's very scary.
I was alone with my sister when it happened.

Before the earthquake struck, I was playing Wii with my sister, Emily, and we were about to play a game on it - not knowing what was going to happen.

30 seconds later, Emily ran out of the room with her hands covering her ears, so I followed her. This was when I began to feel it. It shook and rumbled, so I ran faster. We saw our parents in the lounge, and they were standing by the door for 10 seconds or so, and then I tried to get under a table, but mum said "Get outside", so that's what we all did.
The water in the bird bath was all tipping out of the bowl, so everyone figured that it was quite a decent earthquake.

Finally the shaking stopped, and Granny May came outside.
We were all frightened a lot.
When we all got inside, me and Emily went out again to go on the trampoline.
Emily got bored and went inside, so I did too.
The whole family cuddled up on the couch watching the news and saw how big it was in Wellington!

By Lucy
RM 11

4 comments:

  1. really good story Lucy i don't think you need to do any more work on your story

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't find anything wrong with it

    ReplyDelete