Welcome to this Room 11 blog. Our learning philosophy is to LEARN, CREATE an artifact that shows our learning, and then SHARE it in creative ways, including posting it here on this blog.The purpose of this blog is for students to become accustomed to sharing their learning, recieving feedback, and preparing them for having their very own blog.While students will make every effort to have work corrected and error free it is in fact authentic student work, showing where students are at, and so there are likely to be some mistakes. The aim is to note progress and improvement, and we expect to see this over time.

Monday 19 August 2013

We are learning to correct our written work.  Children were given a short paragraph to correct.  Here is the original text and you can compare it to see how well they did.  You will find your child's version in the comments section.

i stood in horror as the flor stted shaking my littel sisr screamed and i draged her undr tHe table it seeemd to take ajes for the Shaking to stop! that was a big 1 isaid as wee climt out

Add 3 full stops 1 comma 7 capitals 10 spelling errors one optional change of number to word. 2 speech marks

I stood in horror as the floor started shaking. My little sister screamed and i dragged her under the table. It seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! " That was a big 1 one," I said as we climbed out.

15 comments:

  1. 20.8.13

    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! That was a big one I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like how you fixed it up there are no mistakes. good work

      Delete
  2. 20.8.13 W.A.L.T: We are learning to correct our written work

    mr.c
    i stood in horror as the flor strted shaking my littel sisr sreamed and i draged her undr tHe table it seemd to take ajes for the Shaking to stop! that was a big 1 isaid as wee climt out

    me
    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and i dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the Shaking to stop! That was a big 1 i said as we climb out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stood in horror as the floor started shaking. My little sister screamed. I dragged her under the table it seemed to go on forever . that was a big one I said as we climbed out .

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20.8.13


    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking.
    My little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table.
    It seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop!
    “That was a big one!” I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20.8.13

    I stood in horror is the floor started shaking.
    My sister screamed and I dragged her under
    the table.
    It seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop.
    ”That was a big one!” I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20.8.13.

    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and i dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! that was a big 1 I said as we climb out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20.8.13
    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! “That was a big one” I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20:08:13

    i stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed! Then i dragged her under under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! “That was a big one’ I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20.8.13
    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking.my little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table.it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! “That was a big 1.” I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 20.8.13
    I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and I dragged under the table it seemed to take ages for for shaking to stop! “That was a big one’ I said as we climbed out.
    By Joe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister
    screamed then I dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop!"That was a big one' I said as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete

  12. i stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sisters screamed and i dragged them under the table. it seemed to take ages for for the shaking to stop! that was a big one i said. as we climbed out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stood in horror as the floor stared shaking my little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! "That was a big one I said as we climbed out.

    By George C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stood in horror as the floor started shaking my little sister screamed and I dragged her under the table it seemed to take ages for the shaking to stop! That was a big one I said as we climbed out.
    conor

    ReplyDelete